Thursday, April 03, 2014

Still busy

Only time for a few brief observations:

  • Prayers are in order for the victims of the shooting yesterday at Fort Hood, which from initial reports bears more of a resemblance to the Washington Navy Yard incident than the jihadi attack that Maj. Hasan perpetrated in 2009. I'm still struck at the absurdity of a "shelter in place" order going up on a military base. There's a lesson involved, I suspect.
  • The Supreme Court decision handed down yesterday is good, but I'd still like to see Buckley v. Valeo go away entirely. As always, I refer to the wisdom of P. J. O'Rourke's observation -- when buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first thing that is bought and sold are legislators.
  • You can believe that Obamacare has turned the corner if you'd like. From what I can tell, the fun is just beginning.

No comments: